Wednesday 14 January 2009

A Day In My Life

I can't believe I overslept! I havn't done that for years - it certainly changes all your plans. It's a good job I don't have a boss.

By the time I'd had breakfast - or was it brunch - the day was half way through. Maybe a pessimist would say half over, but it's really just begun.

Lots to do today, meeting friends for lunch. Guess who wasn't hungry, I wonder why? But the wine went down a treat, and the company was great. We had a good laugh, especially at my expense, 'cos I left my glasses at home and couldn't read a thing on the menu. Oh well, what are friends for if not to help you through?

After being fed and watered I visited mum in her residential care home. She's 87 now and very frail but still has her sense of humour and a smile on her face. It's a pleasure to go there. We are really lucky that she is having exceptional care (although it does cost an arm and a leg). It's more like a nice hotel than a care home. Mum is one of the youngest residents. You hear such horror stories about these places, but this one is very comfortable, clean with exceptional carers. And no horrible smells assailing your nostrils when you walk in. In fact, sometimes I feel like moving in too - it would be great to be so well looked after - lol - the food is great too - but no wine, so I'd better think again.

Home again in time to cook dinner, and then catch up with my emails and online biz. Well we all deserve some time off sometimes, and here I am typing away, although it certainly doesn't seem like hard work. I used to be at the front end of so called 'Customer Service' in retail banking - now THAT was hard work.

Off to catch something on the telly now, maybe I'll win the lottery tonight! - I belong to a syndicate at www.mylottery.co.uk - and then to bed. I'll make sure the alarm clock is on for tomorrow too!

I wonder what good things the day will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment