Thursday 28 May 2009

Look Out Mickey - I'm On My Way!

Guess what I've done?

I've booked another little holiday - and this time it's all about ME! I'm usually so busy doing these things for others, that it's really great to have sorted something out for little old me!

Oh dear, did I really say old? Is that what's going to happen on July 11th? Will hitting 60 suddenly make me decrepit? I still can't believe that it is really me in the mirror, or that the mature lady in the shop window isn't my mother - or even my father - where will it end.

And my best buy last month was a 'hair crayon', supposedly to help disguise my grey roots! Last time I crayoned, I was about 7, and that doesn't seem so long ago.

There's been loads of mail this month from pension companies, pension departments and the tax office, all enclosing forms to be read, signed and returned - with the help of reading glasses of course - and even life insurance companies touting for my business. No sign of a funeral plan yet! They can go and take a running jump.

But back to Mickey and July. I've booked a few days at DisneyParis, and I'm getting excited! We last went 15 years ago when it first opened. It was April and it rained most of the time but we still enjoyed it; and of course now there will be loads of new things to see, plus the sun could be shining too.

I've booked the Disney Newport Bay hotel. It's a nautical theme; and as Iain is an ex sailor, he will just love it too. Hope we don't have to keep saluting, and hope we're not in hammocks! I wouldn't mind splicing the mainbrace with a daily tot of rum though.

I'd always wondered why Disney chose N.France for their European site, and not Spain. Afterall, the weather is important and Spain is a much better bet for sunshine. I got chatting to a nice guy on skype last week. He is a theme park consultant, and he told me that is was all about the money - so nothing changes does it!. Apparently, alledgedly France gave Disney the land for free. Don't know if he is right, but it kind of rings a bit true...

We're both really looking forward to it, and it's only 6 weeks away! Only 6 more weeks of not being a pensioner - lol - better start practising soon! When I start saying 'In MY day....' or 'Do I know you...? ' or even worse; 'Who am I?', you'll know there's no hope left for me.

But until then, move over Minnie, Jilly's back in town, and girls just want to have fun.

Thought for the day:

Don't put off until tomorrow, the things you could have sorted out today - you'll feel good and be very glad that you did them

No comments:

Post a Comment